Simple PCP configuration on Non RAC Environment
1. Assume that you have your Application tier is shared across all internal middle tiers
2. Assume you have two CM nodes
3. Stop the Concurrent Managers on both the CM nodes
4. Apply patch 9074947 on application tier
5. set APPLDCP value ON in the context file of both the CM nodes.
6. Run autoconfig on Both cm nodes
7. Verify tnsnames.ora on both CM nodes has FNDFS entries of both the nodes
8. Ensure Internal Monitors on both CM nodes is defined properly and have workshifts assigned to them
9. Make sure 2 Internal monitor Managers of both the nodes is activated. If not activate from Concurrent -> Manager -> Administrator
10. Use the following query to find out your concurrent managers details.
SELECT distinct C.USER_CONCURRENT_QUEUE_NAME, C.MAX_PROCESSES, C.RUNNING_PROCESSES, C.TARGET_PROCESSES, C.NODE_NAME, C.NODE_NAME2
FROM APPLSYS.FND_CONCURRENT_QUEUE_CONTENT A, APPLSYS.FND_CONCURRENT_PROGRAMS B, APPS.FND_CONCURRENT_QUEUES_VL C
WHERE type_id = b.concurrent_program_id and c.concurrent_queue_id = a.concurrent_queue_id;
10. Now Define Primary and secondary nodes for each concurrent manager from Concurrent -> Manager -> Define as per your configuration.
11. Bring up Concurrent Managers on both the CM nodes.
12. Test the concurrent managers by submitting two uniqe concurrent programs that should be running on managers on both the nodes.
Test Case #1
1. Bring down Apps Listener on CM node 2 using kill -9
2. Kill all FNDLIBR process on CM node 2 using kill -9
3. Start Apps listener on CM node 2 after 5 mins.
4. Monitor CM2, you should see all the managers on CM2 should come up automatially
Test Case #2
1. Bring down apps listener on CM node2 using kill -9.
2. Start the managers on CM1, you should see managers of CM2 will start on CM node 1.
3. Bring up Apps listenr on CM2.
4. You should see, Managers of CM2 should fall back to CM2 from CM1.
Test Case #3
1. Bring down host of CM node 2. It should be shutdown.
2. You should see all the managers of CM2 should be failed over to CM1
3. Bring up host of CM node2.
4. Bring up apps listener on cm node2.
5. You should see all the managers of CM2 should fall back to CM2 fro CM1.
Oracle Note id : How to Setup and Test Failover of PCP on Non-RAC Environments. [ID 743716.1]