1. How do you Apply a application patch?
-> Using adpatch
2. Complete Usage of adpatch?
1. download the patch in three ways.
a) Using OAM-Open Internet Exploreer->Select Oracle Application Manager-> Navigate to Patch Wizard -> Select Download Patches -> Give the patch number(more than one patch give patch numbers separated by comma-> Select option download only->Select langauge and Platform-> Give date and time-> submit ok
Note: Before doing this Your oracle apps should be configured with metalink credentials and proxy settings
b) If your unix system is configured with metalink then goto your applmgr account and issue following command
2.Give metalink username and password
3.After connecting, cd patch number
4. ls -ltr
5. get patchnumber.zip(select compatiable to OS)
c) Third way is connect to metalink.oracle.com.
1. After logging into metalink with your username and password
2. Goto Quickfind->Select patch numer-> Give patch number->Patch will be displayed->Select os type->Select download
3. ftp this patch to your unix environment
2. Apply the patch?
1. unzip downloaded patch using unzip
eg: unzip p6241811_11i_GENERIC.zip
2. Patch directory will be unzip with patch number.
3. Goto that directory read readme.txt completely.
4. Make sure that Middle tier should be down, Oracle apps is in maintainance mode and database and listener is UP
5. Note down invalid objects count before patching
6. Goto patch Directory and type adpatch
7. It will ask you some inputs from you like, is this your appl_top,common_top, logfile name,sytem pwd, apps pwd, patch directory location, u driver name etc. Provide everything
2. During Patch What needs to be done?
1. Goto $APPL_TOP/admin/SID/log
2. tail -f patchnumber.log(Monitor this file in another session)
3. tail -f patchnumber.lgi(Monitor this file in another session)
4. TOP comand in another session for CPU Usage
3. Adcontroller during patching?
1. During patching if worker fails, restart failed worker using adctrl(You wil find the option when u enter into adctrl)
2. If again worker fails, Goto $APPL_TOP/admin/SID/log/workernumber.log
3. Check for the error, fix it restart the worker using adctrl
4. If you the issue was not fixed, If oracle recommends if it can e ignorable, skip the worker using adctrl with hidden option 8 and give the worker number
4. Log files during patching?
1. patchnumber.log ($APPL_TOP/admin/SID/LOG/patchnumber.log)
5. useful tables for patching?
1. ad_applied_patches->T know patches applied
2. ad_bugs->ugs info
5. fnd_product_installations(patch level)
6. To know patch Info?
1. You can know whether particular patch is applied or not using ad_applied_patches or ad_bugs
2. Using OAM->Patch wizard-> Give patch numer
3. To know mini pack patchest level, family pack patchest level and patch numbers by executing script called patchsets.sh(It has to be downloaded from metalink
7. Reduce patch time?
1. using defaults file
2. Different adpatch options you can get these options by typing adpatch help=y(noautoconfig,nocompiledb,hotpatch,novalidate,nocompilejsp,nocopyportion,nodatabaseportion,nogenerateportion etc)
3. By merging patches into single file
4. Distributed AD if your appl_top is shared
5. Staged APPL_TOP while in production env
8. Usage of Admerging?
1. You can merge number of patches into single patch
2. create two directories like eg: merge_source and merged_dest
3. Copy all patches directories to merge_source
4. admrgpch -s merge_source -d merged_dest -logfile logfile.log
5. merged patch will be generated into merged_dest directory and driver name wil be u_merged.drv
8. Usage of Adsplice?
1. Download splice patch, and unzip it
2. Read the readme.txt perfect
3. As per read me, copy following three files to $APPL_TOP/admin
4. open newprods.txt using vi and modify the file by giving correct tablespace names available in your environment
5. run adsplice in appl_top/admin directory
Enabling TLS in Oracle Apps R12.2 Here we would be looking at the detailed steps for Enabling TLS in Oracle Apps R12.2 Introduction: ...
How to drop and recreate TEMP Tablespace in Oracle 9i/10g/11g 1. Create Temporary Tablespace Temp CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP2 TEMP...
How to drop and recreate UNDO Tablespace in Oracle 9i/10g/11g ? Solution : 1. Determine the size of your undo tablespace SQL> selec...
R12.2. Services Start and Stop Procedure All components - Application (Middle Tier) START $INST_TOP/admin/scripts adstrtal.s...