How do you know whether you Current Oracle Database is 64-Bit or 34-Bit?
solution: cd $ORACLE_HOME\binfile oracle or file ora*
How do you know your HP Unix Version?
Solution: uname -a
Procedure to upgrade database
1. Download upgrade patch for your OS and DB compatible. For Example if your current database is 64-bit and your OS is HP unix.Then download 4547809Hp1164bit.zip from Metalink download
2. unzip the patch file. Disk1 directory will get extracted.
3. set display of your unix environment to enable GUI.
4. Open X-Manager or Reflection X, and note down port number and frame number
5. export DISPALY=192.168.0.1:1.0
6. Test GUI by typing xclock.
7. Shut down database and listener.
8. Goto Disk1 directory you will find, runinstaller executable.
9. Invoke OUI(Oracle Universal Installer), by executing ./runInstaller
10. Choose Oracle Home/Name and click next
11. In the middle of the installation, it will ask you to execute root.sh by root user. Do the same
12. After installation completes, close the OUI
13. start the database in migration mode i.e startup migrate
14. Execute catpatch.sql located in ORACLE_HOME/rdmbs/admin. i.e in sql prompt: sql> ?/rdbms/admin/catpatch.sql
15. It will take some time, after that execute utlrp.sql to compile invalid objects i .e sql>?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql
16. Shutdown the database and startup in normal mode. i.e shut immediate and startup
17. Start the listener and release the instance
Autoconfig post 12C upgrade from 11g failed with "ORA-01804: failure to initialize timezone information"
Autoconfig post 12C upgrade from 11g failed with "ORA-01804: failure to initialize timezone information" Error DB Autoconfig ...
How to drop and recreate TEMP Tablespace in Oracle 9i/10g/11g 1. Create Temporary Tablespace Temp CREATE TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP2 TEMP...
Error: " An error occurred while attempting to establish an Applications File Server connection. There may be a network configuration...
How to drop and recreate UNDO Tablespace in Oracle 9i/10g/11g ? Solution : 1. Determine the size of your undo tablespace SQL> selec...