How do you know whether you Current Oracle Database is 64-Bit or 34-Bit?
solution: cd $ORACLE_HOME\binfile oracle or file ora*
How do you know your HP Unix Version?
Solution: uname -a
Procedure to upgrade database
1. Download upgrade patch for your OS and DB compatible. For Example if your current database is 64-bit and your OS is HP unix.Then download 4547809Hp1164bit.zip from Metalink download
2. unzip the patch file. Disk1 directory will get extracted.
3. set display of your unix environment to enable GUI.
4. Open X-Manager or Reflection X, and note down port number and frame number
5. export DISPALY=192.168.0.1:1.0
6. Test GUI by typing xclock.
7. Shut down database and listener.
8. Goto Disk1 directory you will find, runinstaller executable.
9. Invoke OUI(Oracle Universal Installer), by executing ./runInstaller
10. Choose Oracle Home/Name and click next
11. In the middle of the installation, it will ask you to execute root.sh by root user. Do the same
12. After installation completes, close the OUI
13. start the database in migration mode i.e startup migrate
14. Execute catpatch.sql located in ORACLE_HOME/rdmbs/admin. i.e in sql prompt: sql> ?/rdbms/admin/catpatch.sql
15. It will take some time, after that execute utlrp.sql to compile invalid objects i .e sql>?/rdbms/admin/utlrp.sql
16. Shutdown the database and startup in normal mode. i.e shut immediate and startup
17. Start the listener and release the instance
Integrate Oracle ADF with Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 ASCP Instance for SPWA - Supply Planning Work Area What is Oracle ADF? Orac...
R12.2. Services Start and Stop Procedure All components - Application (Middle Tier) START $INST_TOP/admin/scripts adstrtal.s...
Enabling TLS in Oracle Apps R12.2 Here we would be looking at the detailed steps for Enabling TLS in Oracle Apps R12.2 Introduction: ...
Apps password change routine in Release 12.2 E-Business Suite changed a little bit. We have now extra options to change password, as well ...