Oracle Apps DBA - Interview Questions
1. what is the utility to change the password of a dba schema in oracle apps? Ans: FNDCPASS
2. what are mandatory users in oracle apps?
3. What simplay a oracle Architechture?
Ans: Desktop Tier, Application Tier, Database Tier 5. What are the components in the Application Tier?
Discoverer 6.What are main file systems in Oracle Apps?
Ans: APPL_TOP, COMMON_TOP,
DB_TOP,ORA_TOP 7. What are there in Desktop Tier?
Ans: Internet Browser, JInitiator 8. What is the location of JInitiator in the Desktop Tier?
Ans: c:\program files\oracle\Jinitiator 9. What is the location of client cache?
Ans: c:\documents and settngs\user\oracle jar Cache 10. What is the location of Server cache?
11. Which package will be used for the user validation by plsql agent?
12. What are adadmin utilities? and Its location?
13.What are the location of JaVA Files?
Ans: JAVA_TOP and all PRODUCT_TOP/Java/Jar
14. What is the name of the xml file of Apps and its location?
Ans: Context Name.xml and $APPL_TOP/admin
15. what is the location of Apps environment file? and its name?
Ans: contextname.env and $APPL_TOP
16. In how many way Jar files are generated?
Ans: Normal and Force
17. Once Jar files are generated what files get effected?
Ans: All Product_top/java/jar files and Two files in JAVA_TOP they are appsborg.zip
18. How do you see the files in zip file?
Ans: unzip -v
19.How do you generate jar files?
Ans: Using adadmin and option 5
20. How do you start the apps services?
Ans: $COMMON_TOP\admin\scripts\Contextname\adstrtal.sh apps/appspwd
21. What is the executable to generate jar files?
22. How do you relink a executable of a product
Ans: by relinking option in adadmin or adrelink
23. How do you relink AD product executable? and usage?
Ans: adrelink.sh and adrelink.sh force=y "ad adsplice"
24.When do you relinking?
Ans: 1. when you miss a executable file
2. When there is a problem with any executable file
3. When any product executable get currupted
25. What is DAD?
Ans: It is a file which stores apps passwords in hard coded format. i.e wdbsvr
26.How do you relink OS files and libraries?
Ans: using make command
27.What is compile scheman option in adadmin?
Ans: This option is used to compile/resolve the invalid objects
28. Where do you get the info about invalid objects?
Ans: from dba_objects where status=invalid
29.How do you compile an obect ?
Ans: alter object_ type objet _name compile. Eg: alter table fnd_nodes compile
30.How do you see the errors of a table or view?
Ans: select text from dba_errors where name='emp_view'
31. How do you see the errors in the db?
Ans: show error
32. How do you compile a schema?
Ans: using utlrp.sql (location is ?/rdbms/admin/) or
going adadmin, compile schema option
33. How do you know how many invalid objects are in specific schema?
Ans: select count(*) from dba_objects where status='INVALID' group by owner;
34. How do you know the package version?
Ans: select text from dba_source where name='package name' and type='PACKAGE BODY' and rownum<10>/rdbms/admin)
41. How do you load java class to databae?
42. What are restart files? and its location?
Ans: These files contains the previouse session info about adadmin.. location is $APPL_TOP\admin\sid\restart\*.rf9
43.How do you validate apps schema?
Ans: To validate synonyms, missing sysnonyms and all grant. You can do it in adadmin. after validating it iwll produce
a report in the location $APPL_TOP\admin\sid\out\*.out
44. How do you enable maintainance mode?
Ans: using adadmin or running a script called "adsetmmd.sql ENABLE/DISABLE" (AD_TOP/patch/115/sql)
45.What is APPS_MRC Schema?
Ans: It is used for multi language support. To synchronize APPs schema and APPS_MRC
46. How to see the version of a script or form or report or etc?
Ans: grep Header adsetmmd.sql or adident Header adsetmmd.sql
strings -a GLXSTEA.fmx grep Header or adident Header GLXSTEA.fmx
47.What is the location of adadmin log?
48. What are the oracle homes in Apps?
Ans: 8.0.6ORACLE_HOME(Dev 6i products) and IAS_ORACLE_HOME (Apache)
49. How do you configure you ipaddress at client side? and server side?
Ans: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and \etc\host
50. What is the location of Datbase server related scripts?
51. what is the utility to clean the concurrent manager?
Ans: @cmclean.sql ( You have download from metalink)
52. How do you stage the 11.5.10 Apps software?
Ans: using adautostg.pl
53. What is the location of the source files of forms?
54. What is the executable to generate forms?
Integrate Oracle ADF with Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 ASCP Instance for SPWA - Supply Planning Work Area What is Oracle ADF? Orac...
R12.2. Services Start and Stop Procedure All components - Application (Middle Tier) START $INST_TOP/admin/scripts adstrtal.s...
Enabling TLS in Oracle Apps R12.2 Here we would be looking at the detailed steps for Enabling TLS in Oracle Apps R12.2 Introduction: ...
Apps password change routine in Release 12.2 E-Business Suite changed a little bit. We have now extra options to change password, as well ...